New Clean Verbatim Guidelines
Clean Verbatim starts TODAY!
Today is the day! Tell a friend!
Monday May 18, 2015 is the launch of the NEW CrowdSurf!
The NEW CrowdSurf = Clean Verbatim Transcription + New Transcription Review team!
ALL CrowdSurf work, switches from True Verbatim to Clean Verbatim transcription on Monday May 18, 2015 12:00 am PT!
Here’s why Clean Verbatim ROCKS:
- Transcription will be easier than ever before when you can leave out those pesky disfluencies, stutters, and filler words!
- Newer, cleaner guidelines in every format imaginable! Easily search, download, and print straight from the CrowdSurf Support Center!
- Most importantly, NO more bad reviews! Only expert reviewers get access to your transcripts!
Log in now to get started! Happy Hour pricing is active Monday 11:30am – 2:30pm PT in Transcription and Transcription Review!
Want to see more of the New Guidelines? Check out the CrowdSurf Support Center for the full collection of CrowdSurf Transcription Resources! See full details on the NEW CrowdSurf below!
NEW Clean Verbatim Guidelines!
The CrowdSurf General Guidelines have gotten a serious makeover!
Here are the highlights:
- Clean Verbatim: Remove all stutters, dsifluencies, and filler words to create clean transcripts!
- New Examples: get instant clarification with “spoken” and “transcribe as” instructions!
- Clarified Number, Math, Computer Guidelines: Use the video to guide transcript formatting!
- More Precise Blank Audio: bbb for two seconds or more of silence or non-plot-relevant audio!
- Expanded Punctuation Rules: Learn how to create correct sentence breakpoints and more!
- Updated Sample Transcripts: See how the CrowdSurf team would transcribe the media!
- Full Guidelines Making a Comeback: You asked and we listened… Now enjoy Abbreviated Guidelines, Full Guidelines, and Guideline Sections!
See the updates for yourself!
Please take a close look at the New Guidelines and let us know if you have questions! Post Questions on the CrowdSurf Subreddit, so everyone can see the answers together!
The official start date of the New Clean Verbatim guidelines is **Monday May 18th, 2015 at 12:00am pdt**!
This means that Monday May 18th is the date when reviewers and QCers will enforce the New Clean Verbatim Guidelines.
NEW Clean Verbatim Review Team!
Everyone has been burned by a bad review.
To rectify this, we will retest current Transcription Reviewers, and only the New Transcription Review team, will get access to Transcription Review HITs.
**Active reviewers MUST complete the new Clean Verbatim Assessment to continue reviewing.**
To answer your concerns, no one will get blocked. We will simply lower Qualification Scores for anyone who does not qualify. Anyone who does not successfully complete the Clean Verbatim test will have their score lowered. Going forward, only CrowdSurf Clean Verbatim experts (pre-screened and thoroughly trained reviewers) will edit and score your transcripts.
Want to know more about the Review Team?
- If you think you’re qualified to be on the New Review Team check your email, we probably already invited you!
- If you did not receive an email and you have
- Worked at least 200 Review HITs in the last month,
- Or you have had FTR quals for more than one month,
- And you have never received negative Review Feedback from the CrowdSurf team, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the new training material and assessment.
- If you’re interested in being a Transcription Reviewer in the future, don’t worry we will contact you! All Reviewers must be successful Full Text Editors first.
Don’t forget! Transcription Review is destined to be awesome with the new Review Team + Updated Scoring Algorithm and Review Tool Interface. Learn more here.
We look forward to extraordinary efficiency and accuracy with the New Clean Verbatim Guidelines and the New Transcription Review team!
When you’re ready to get started, take a look at the New Guidelines here!