Work online anytime from anywhere!
CrowdSurf is a dedicated community of freelance transcriptionists working to create video captions for deaf, hard of hearing and second language viewers.
We offer short transcription tasks, available day and night, so that you can work anytime, anywhere! It’s free to sign-up, you’ll be paid instantly, and we offer several opportunities for growth and promotion.
CrowdSurf needs your help to transcribe online media, join us today!
1. Sign-Up on Work Market
CrowdSurf uses Work Market to hire and pay all CrowdSurf freelancers. You’ll join CrowdSurf via Work Market, and work with us on our private editing platform, the CrowdSurfWork platform. It’s easy to get started.
- Use the link at the bottom of this page and create your Work Market account. (Note: Choose “Writing and Translation” as your primary Industry. Use the drop down list to select your “Postal Code”)
- The Work Market team will review your profile and tax information. This typically takes less than 24 hours. If there’s an issue, please contact their support team.
- Set up your Payment Method, you can choose from Direct Deposit, Paypal, and more!
2. Join CrowdSurf
Work Market uses recruitment groups to connect you with employers offering freelance work. Once your Work Market account is set up, apply to join CrowdSurf as a new CrowdSurf transcriber, review the guidelines, and take a brief assessment to join the CrowdSurf group.
3. Start CrowdSurfing!
Once you’ve passed the assessment, we will create a new account for you on the CrowdSurfWork platform. This usually takes 3-5 business days. When your account is ready we will send login instructions to your Work Market email.
Just follow the instructions in your email. All of your work will be available on the CrowdSurfWork platform.
What are the benefits of becoming a CrowdSurf Freelancer?
- Easy tasks. Most transcription tasks are very easy.
- Work on your own schedule. If you have a few free minutes throughout the day, use them.
- Make a difference! Your transcript makes videos accessible to deaf and hard of hearing viewers!
This is just the beginning! If you’re interested in making online media accessible an enjoyable by all, sign up today!